REMEMBERING COVID-19, a Record of Raynham during the Pandemic of 2020
For the first time in more than a century the world is in the midst of a global pandemic. Covid-19 has affected the lives of all of us in ways large and small. In an effort to create an historical record of this time in our community, the Raynham Public Library and the Raynham Historical Society invite you to share what changes have been made in your life. All responses become a part of the local history collections of the Raynham Public Library and the Raynham Historical Society.
The following questions are meant as a starting point for your entry.
• When did you first hear about COVID-19/Coronavirus? What was your first reaction?
• Did your opinion change once local and federal governments started addressing the outbreak?
• How did your community respond to the virus?
• Tell us what your daily life is like now and how is it different due to social distancing.
• Are you able to connect with friends and family electronically, by phone or in person?
• Are you out of work, working from home or working in an essential job?
• How are you managing the anxiety?
• Do you go outside? If you have to go into a public situation, are you taking precautions to
protect yourself such as masks and gloves?
• Do you have concerns about running out of food or medicine or being able to pay your bills?
• Have you or a family member in your household tried to access medical care for any reason?
• Are you volunteering to help either neighbors or a community organization?
• How do you think this experience will change you and your family?
• Are you reading more, home schooling your children, watching television and movies, exercising
or playing games?
• Are you or your children keeping a diary?
• In 100 years, what do you want people to know about what is happening today?
If you wish to share an original photograph with us, please send it to email@example.com. Use the subject line Covid-19 and limit your submissions to five photographs.