Welcome to the Raynham Public Library! We’re glad you’re here.
In order to take advantage of all our Library has to offer, be sure to register for a library card.
- Library cards are available free of charge to all adults and children 5 years of age and older residing in Massachusetts. Cards are issued in person at our main desk.
- You will need a valid driver’s license (or another form of state-issued ID) listing your current address. If your ID does not list your current address, please bring a piece of mail with your name and current address. A parent or legal guardian will need to present their home address for a child under 18 to receive their card.
Need immediate access to ebooks, streaming, and more?
You have the option to register for a temporary card online which will give you immediate access to your 24/7 library. If your Massachusetts address can be verified in the system, you’ll receive an eCard that is good for one year; this allows the use of electronic resources such as hoopla, Libby, and kanopy, and gives you the ability to place up to five holds. You will still need to go to the Library to convert to a full library card if you wish to check out physical items.
Applicants whose addresses cannot be verified will receive an eCard that is good for three weeks; you will need to visit the Library with ID in order to maintain your account in the system.
- Online registrations become active immediately.
- You can place up to five holds with your eCard.
- If you are under 18, you need to have a parent or legal guardian co-sign your registration when you pick up your physical card.
- You can access the 24/7 library where you can read digital magazines, ebooks, and stream movies, music, and more with Libby, hoopla, and kanopy.
- Your card also gives you access to NewsBank, a digital news resource that includes many local newspapers.
Using Your Card and Borrowing Policies
The Raynham Public Library is a member of the SAILS Library Network. Your library card entitles you to borrow materials from the Raynham Public Library as well as libraries in 38 surrounding towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. If our Library doesn’t have an item in stock, an item in one of the participating libraries can be sent directly to the Raynham Public Library at no charge to you. You will be notified when the item has arrived at the Library and is available for pickup. Items will be held for seven days before being returned to their home library.
Borrowing policies vary depending on which SAILS Library you visit, but all items checked out in Raynham are loaned under our borrowing policy.
Raynham Public Library is dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our borrowers. We take every measure to protect your personal information and checkout history.
- You have the option of retaining your checkout history, meaning the items you take out of the Library will be saved in the history of your account. Please let a staff member know if you would like to do so.
- If you send someone to pick up your hold, they will need your card, a copy of your card, or a copy of the hold pickup notification email to checkout the item(s).
Accessing Your Account
Your account information can be accessed several ways. You can call the Library at any time, visit our website, or download the SAILS app. All of these methods will allow you to:
- View the items that you have checked out and the date they are due
- Renew items
- View your fines (which you may pay in person or online)
- Place items on hold
- Cancel holds
- View your checkout history (if enabled)
Access your library card from your smartphone using the SAILS Network app, available from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
With the SAILS app, you can put items on hold, check due dates, and even utilize the self-checkout feature which allows you to check out items in the library using your cellphone. Please ask a library staff member if you need assistance.
Raynham Public Library Loan Periods & Fines
|Item||Loan Period||Late Fee per Day|
|Books||4 weeks||.15 ($5.00 maximum)|
|New Books||2 weeks||.15 ($5.00 maximum)|
|Magazines||2 weeks||.15 ($4.00 maximum)|
|DVDs||1 week||$1.00 ($7.00 maximum)|
|DVD Set||2 weeks||$1.00 ($7.00 maximum)|
|Audio Books||4 week||.15 ($5.00 maximum)|
|Music CD||4 week||.15 ($5.00 maximum)|
|Museum Passes||1 day||$5.00 ($20.00 maximum)|
|Hotspots||28 days||$1.00 after 3 days ($5.00 maximum)|
Placing a Hold
If the item you are searching for is checked out, you have the option to place it on hold. To do so, you will need your library card number and PIN. Locate the item in the catalog and then select “Place Hold.” Be sure to indicate the correct pick-up library.
When the item becomes available, you will be contacted by email, text, or phone. Your item will be held at the main desk for seven days.
If you do not find the item you are looking for in the SAILS Library Network, you can check Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat) to see if it is available. The Commonwealth Catalog gives you access to many items from across the state that are outside of the SAILS Library Network.
- Items will automatically renew two times unless the item is reserved by another patron.
- Some exceptions include:
- Items on reserve for other patrons may not be renewed.
- Materials borrowed from another library are subject to the rules of that library.
- Items borrowed through the Virtual Catalog may not be renewed.
- Need to renew an item? There are three ways to renew an item:
- online at My Account;
- in person at the Library;
- by calling 508-823-1344.
- Items can be returned in our book drop 24/7.
- Most materials may be returned to any library in the SAILS network (with some exceptions).
- Items that must be returned to the Raynham Library include:
- Commonwealth Catalog items
- Children’s STEM kits, toys, & backpacks
Lost or Damaged Items
- Items that are lost or returned in condition unsuitable for future use will be billed to the patron. Please contact us to discuss questions concerning a bill on your account.
- We do not accept replacement copies.
- We are unable to issue a refund after payment has been made.