The Friends of the Library coordinate two semi-annual book sales in spring and fall. We welcome donations of materials 3-4 days leading up to the book sale. Donation dates will be posted as the book sale approaches. Due to our limited space, please limit donations to no more than three boxes.
We accept books or materials in new or like-new condition. Volunteers take a great deal of time and effort to organize and display materials for the community to purchase, so please only donate books we are able to sell.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS YEAR ROUND
Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, we cannot accept donations year round.
We only accept donations 3-4 days proir to the semi-annual books sales.
We welcome donations of the following items:
- newer fiction and non-fiction (hardback or paperback)
- children and teen books
- CDs and DVDs in their original cases
We are unable to accept:
- Books in poor condition, with water damage, missing or torn pages, broken spines, mildew, or those with a strong odor
- Magazines or journals
- Spiral bound books or pamphlets
- Computer books or travel guides more that 2 years old
- Books in languages other than English
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
The Bookstore Without a Door
The Friends have a small bookstore, The Bookstore Without a Door, located on the first floor of the Library. Please feel free to browse the collection of gently used books, CDs, and movies and purchase materials for a fraction of the cost of new.